Welcome to SpinEvolution.com!
This website is the official home for SpinEvolution software.
In 2014 an important decision was made to move SpinEvolution development to a commercial basis. Since then the software has been distributed through a license subscription requiring a license fee. The only exception is made for strictly educational uses of SpinEvolution, such as in undergraduate or graduate level courses at academic institutions. The types of licenses available and the approximate price list can be viewed here.
These changes are allowing us to bring the software to a new level of quality and to maintain it at the cutting edge of science and technology in the future. Reaching these goals would be impossible without steady financial support from labs that use SpinEvolution. Like all other resources required for scientific research, such as equipment, materials, or human effort, highly specialized sophisticated scientific software cannot be free. And as with the other resources, its costs can be easily covered for with proper financial planning.
Our vision is to bring SpinEvolution to the state-of-the-art level in all three areas where it has always excelled: convenience, versatility, and efficiency. Our long-term goal is to make SpinEvolution a dependable tool for everyday research in various subfields of NMR, both fundamental and applied.
The following is the list of the major features added to the program since 2014:
- implementation of PDSD/RAD/DARR simulations (Veshtort JCP 11)
- non-secular terms and the capability to simulate DNP (this feature is still being privately tested and has not been included in the publicly available versions of SpinEvolution)
- relaxation of arbitrary operator components of the density matrix
- 64-bit version for Windows
- capability to perform simulations in huge spin systems (dozens and hundreds of spins)
- Graphic User Interface (GUI)
- spectra/FID plotting functionality
- documentation, tutorials, and other educational materials on our website
- implementation of the non-unit sampling rates functionality
- efficient simulation of arbitrary non-periodic sequences
- fixing bugs – both known and the ones yet to be discovered
- capability of 3D and nD simulations
As these and other new features are implemented, they are incorporated into the multiple software upgrades released every year. The upgrades are free for those who have a valid license at the time of the release.
We will be very happy to receive any feedback from you, in particular your comments regarding the relative importance of the projects/features listed above and your suggestions and requests as to what else could be improved or implemented in our software.